For our infants, each child follows a schedule provided by the parent to maintain consistency between daycare and the home environment. We respect the need for tummy-time, frequent diaper changes, and lots of laughter and cuddles. This is also a time that can be hardest for the parent, and we work with closely to make you comfortable, talk daily about your child’s development and needs, and provide a loving environment.
We stimulate our youngest children through:
- Socialization with other infants
- Toys, games and activities that promote sensory and physical development (stacking toys, mirrors, playmats, exersaucers, and more)
- Music played in the classroom
- Plenty of space to explore, with mats and toys that are appropriate for crawlers, and cruisers, too!
- Nap in individual cribs on baby’s schedule (each child is given one crib only for the duration of their stay in this room; parents are welcome to provide mobiles and special bedding)
- Lights are dimmed for calm/quiet time, calming music is played
- Eat on their schedule, parent-provided meals